Iressa 250 mg Tablets
Brand Name: Iressa
Strength: 250 mg
Packing: Pack of 30 tablets
Iressa (gefitinib) is an anticancer drugs given to cancer patients to stop the growth of cancer cells in the body. It is also used to treat non-small cell lung cancer. It should only be taken under the supervision of a practiced healthcare provider having experience on the domain of using cancer chemotherapeutic agents.
You should follow all the instructions and directions labeled on the medicine package. In addition, you must inform your doctor about medical condition, allergy you have. Moreover, your doctor should also know about the other treatments or medicines you are taking.
Uses: First-line treatment of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
Serious Side Effects:
Call doctor at once in case of the following signs:
- Allergic reactions
- Eye problems
- Difficulty in breathing and closing the throat
- Loss of appetite
- Liver problems
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- Lung problems
- Swelling on tongue, lips, tongue, or face
You must also talk to your doctor about any other side effect that can occur during the treatment.
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain or redness
- Red or purple skin rashes
- Liver problems (nausea, itching, upper stomach pain, tired feeling, dark urine, clay-colored stools, loss of appetite)
- Skin pain
- Severe diarrhea
- Severe skin reaction (fever, swelling, sore throat, burning in your eyes)
- Sudden chest pain or discomfort
- Stomach bleeding (bloody or tarry stools, severe stomach pain, coughing up blood or vomit)
- Watery eyes
- Trouble in breathing
- Worsening or new cough with fever
How To Use Iressa?
- Never use Iressa, if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Talk to your physician if you have disease of liver, kidney or lung, vision problem, breathing problems or if you take a blood thinner.
- Never take Iressa during pregnancy as it can harm the unborn baby.
- If you are taking this medicine, use effective birth control methods to prevent pregnancy for at least 2 weeks after finishing the treatment.
- Consult your doctor if you are planning to conceive as it may affect fertility in women.
- Never breast-feed if you are taking this tablet.
Iressa should only be administered under the supervision of a qualified healthcare provider experienced in the use of cancer chemotherapeutic agent. Before prescribing you this medicine, your doctor should conduct blood tests to detect that you have the right tumor type that has to be treated with Iressa. Always follow the directions of prescription label as your doctor can change your dose to get the best results. Never change the quantity of medicine by yourself. It should not be taken in smaller or larger amounts. You can take this medicine with or without food. While taking this medicine, you should go for blood tests frequently to check the liver functioning.
In addition, follow the given below directions to make swallowing easier:
- Keep the Iressa 250 Mg Tablet into a glass of water
- Never use any other liquid than water
- Stir for 15 minutes and drink the mixture instantly
- Never save it for later use
- You can add 4-8 ounces of water to the same glass and drink it
- This mixture can also be given through a nasogastric (NG) tube. You may ask your doctor for instructions.
Dosage: For adults who are suffering from non-small cell lung cancer: 250 mg orally once a day.
- Store at room temperature
- Keep it away from moisture and heat.
"We mainly deliver our products to the foreign countries."