Deferasirox is the active ingredient of Deferasirox Tablets under the brand name Desifer-400. In patients with specific blood disorders like thalassemia and sickle cell disease, chronic iron overload brought on by frequent blood transfusions is treated with the iron-chelating drug deferirox. By attaching to extra iron in the body and encouraging its elimination through the urine and faeces, it functions. The dosage of the oral tablets, which are typically taken once day, is determined by the person's body weight and iron load. Headache, skin rash, and stomach distress are examples of frequent adverse effects. Desifer-400 enhances the quality of life for those who are affected by iron excess by preventing consequences like organ damage and cardiac issues. During treatment, close medical care is required.
1. Deferasirox, a specialised iron-chelating agent made to bind to excess iron in the body, is the active component of the tablets.
2. Oral Administration: Deferasirox tablets are taken orally, offering a practical and painless way to administer medication.
3. Deferasirox is often given once daily, which simplifies the patient's treatment schedule.
4. Customised Treatment: The dosage is determined by the patient's body weight and iron load, enabling a tailored and effective course of action.
5. Management of Chronic Iron Overload: Thalassemia and sickle cell disease patients who get frequent blood transfusions are treated with deferioxin especially to treat chronic iron overload.
1. Deferasirox aids in binding to excess iron in the body and expelling it, reducing iron accumulation and its associated problems.
2. Organ Damage Prevention: Deferasirox helps prevent iron-induced organ damage by lowering iron overload, especially in the heart, liver, and endocrine glands.
3. Enhancement of Quality of Life: By lowering the risk of iron-related problems and symptoms, deferasirox therapy can enhance the quality of life for patients with chronic iron excess.
4. Heart Protection: Deferasirox helps guard against iron-related heart issues by lowering iron buildup in the heart.
5. Deferirox helps to avoid iron toxicity, which can lead to a variety of health problems in individuals with illnesses characterised by iron overload.
6. Treatment with deferirox can halt the course of diseases and consequences brought on by iron excess.
7. Long-Term Iron Management: Deferasirox is safe for long-term usage, making it possible for patients who frequently need blood transfusions to get ongoing iron management.
8. Improved Survival: Patients with blood problems requiring ongoing transfusions may see improved survival rates when iron is properly managed with Deferasirox.
9. Support for Adherence: The once-daily dosage and oral administration of Deferasirox can help patients stick to their treatments more closely.
10. Generally well-tolerated, deferasirox pills have mild adverse effects in the majority of people.
It is important to remember that each person will react differently to Deferasirox tablets, and that constant medical supervision and monitoring are required to control any potential side effects and maximise therapy results. Throughout the course of treatment, patients should speak with their medical specialists for personalised counsel and direction.
Patients with specific blood diseases, such as: are treated for chronic iron excess with Desifer-400, which contains Deferasirox as the active ingredient.
1. A series of genetic blood illnesses known as thalassemia are characterised by faulty haemoglobin production, which results in chronic anaemia and iron overload from frequent blood transfusions.
2. Chronic hemolytic anaemia and iron overload are side effects of the genetic red blood cell abnormality known as sickle cell disease, which is treated with blood transfusions.
Desifer-400 (Deferasirox Tablets) can cause side effects in some individuals. While not everyone will experience side effects, it is essential to be aware of potential adverse reactions.
1. Vomiting and Nausea: Some people may feel queasy or sick to their stomach.
2. Belly Pain: It's possible to get gastrointestinal side effects like belly pain or discomfort.
3. During treatment, some people may have diarrhoea.
4. Headache: Deferasirox may cause headaches as a side effect.
5. Skin Rash: Some people may have skin rash or itching.
6. Weakness and weariness are possible side effects for patients.
7. Dizziness: Some people may become lightheaded or feel dizzy.
8. Deferasirox may raise your risk of developing urinary tract infections.
9. Elevated Liver Enzymes: Deferasirox occasionally may result in transient elevations in liver enzyme values.
10. Joint Pain: Some people may feel pain or discomfort in their joints.
11. Alterations in Hearing and Vision: Deferasirox may occasionally result in alterations in hearing or vision.
12. Allergic Reactions: Although uncommon, Deferasirox can cause allergic reactions. If any symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as wheezing, rash, or swelling, are noticed, seek emergency medical assistance.
Patients must notify their healthcare providers right once if any side effects are worrisome or persistent. The advantages of using Deferasirox to treat iron overload should be compared to the risks of probable adverse effects. To maximise therapy results and efficiently manage any adverse reactions, close medical supervision and monitoring are required. Throughout the course of treatment, patients should speak with their medical specialists for personalised counsel and direction.